In 2009, our city government will strive to accomplish these important tasks for the benefit of all Carmelites, as follows:
• Contract with the City of Monterey for Fire Protection Services;
• Finalize Design Plans for the renovation of the Forest Theatre based on a true consensus of Carmelites, User Groups and the City and commence construction in October 2009 for a tentative completion date of May 2010.
• Increase funding for the Department of Public Works and the Forest, Parks and Beach Department in the Fiscal Year 2009/10 Budget;
• Hire a Community Planning and Building Director and a Public Works Director;
• Fund for ADA measures and improvements to the Scout House in the Fiscal Year 2009/10 Budget so that Carmel’s “Community Center” can reopen to user groups.
• Enforce the Municipal Code in a fair, equitable and uniform manner.
• Reissue a Tree Removal Permit with the original conditions approved by a majority vote of the City Council to Carmelite Susan Page so that she can finally remove her Black Acacia Tree due to private safety concerns.
• Function with City Council Members whose sole allegiance is to Carmelites;
• Comprehend that the council, commissions and boards exist to aid in the conduct of the “people’s business.” Moreover, we, the people, in delegating authority, do not give our public servants the right to decide what is good for us to know and what is not good for us to know. Therefore, all relevant information must be communicated to us fully and in a timely manner.