Friday, January 15, 2016

City of Carmel-by-the-Sea Introduction of CHIP RERIG, AICP City Administrator Candidate January 2016

ABSTRACT: City of Carmel-by-the-Sea Introduction of CHIP RERIG, AICP City Administrator Candidate January 2016 contains Press Release, Biography, Personal Statement and Resume and Background and Due Diligence Process. Importantly, Who is Chip Rerig? American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
I am a public servant.  I greatly appreciate community, preservation of place, and work tirelessly to inspire residents and business owners to create a vision for their future.
I have vast experience creating collaborative relationships between and among businesses, neighborhoods, residents, and property owners. My approachability and easy-going nature has been a model of success in local government on the Monterey Peninsula.
I am passionate about the built and the natural environments. I use my enthusiasm and experience to create communities that thrive economically and preserve character. Part of my vision of community includes inspiring citizens to participate in local government to help effectively guide and inform leaders.
I am a leader. My leadership mantra is simple: lead by example from the heart. I have a highly inquisitive nature and a profound love for learning and resourcefulness. I am solutions oriented. I believe the best approach to any enterprise or objective is working collaboratively on a team. I have high standards for ethics and transparency, and I work to instill these virtues throughout any organization that I’m part of (let alone manage). I also have high expectations for customer service and implementation of new ideas and processes to better serve constituents. I praise in public and discipline in private, and always highlight and credit the work of those who work for me.
I am a family man. My family is everything to me. My wife is my best friend and my closest advisor. I believe in the balance between professional and personal needs, and also believe that my colleagues and community become part of my extended family and that we work to earn and maintain trust in one another over time.
I aspire to inspire. I inspire people to follow me by requiring unblemished integrity of myself and those who serve, and building consensus though initiative and relentlessness.
I am excited and eager and humbled by the opportunity to serve the City of Carmel-by- the-Sea again, to support the City staff, and to work together with the community to preserve and enhance the character of our unique village.
The Introduction of CHIP RERIG, AICP, document copy is embedded.

City of Carmel-by-the-Sea
Introduction of CHIP RERIG, AICP
City Administrator Candidate
January 2016

No comments: